Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

Unhappy Dish Customer thinking about Fios

dale001
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Unhappy Dish Customer thinking about Fios

Message 1 of 6
(1,432 Views)

We've been a Verizon customer for a long time, Philly suburbs. We have Internet & Phone bundle. 25/25 for internet. We pay $148 per month.

We have Dish Network and paying $131 per month for that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could be getting Fios TV added to my bundle and be paying a lot less.

I've been reading posts where people are paying for phone, internet, TV for less than $200 per month total--after taxes & fees.

5 REPLIES 5
dale001
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: Unhappy Dish Customer thinking about Fios

Message 2 of 6
(1,426 Views)

Current Bill:  

Internet & phone bundle= 110.99
Additional services, equipment=17.55
Fees/other charges= 19.79
Total= 148.33

Live in Philadelphia suburbs area.

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 6
(1,370 Views)

Really depends on what level of internet and TV service you get.

I have 75/75 with ultimate TV, HBO and movies, plus 4 quantum boxes.

pay about $250.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
jonjones
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 6
(1,326 Views)

@dale001 wrote:

We've been a Verizon customer for a long time, Philly suburbs. We have Internet & Phone bundle. 25/25 for internet. We pay $148 per month.

We have Dish Network and paying $131 per month for that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could be getting Fios TV added to my bundle and be paying a lot less.

I've been reading posts where people are paying for phone, internet, TV for less than $200 per month total--after taxes & fees.

Trouble is providers both cable and Fios raise prices all the time. Years ago I said enough. I first got rid of home phone which even at $30 a month was high. I bought a Magic Jack and paid $100 for five years. It works great. I recently needed another line of service so I now have voipo which is $185 complete for two years. I think it comes down to about $7 a month or less (huge savings)

i got tired of time Warner raising rates so I dumped them for DirectTVNOW at $35

so I save over $100 a month there. And then we had internet from Time Warner which was $35 a month no taxes or fees but when the promise of a free upgrade went west we switched to Fios which is higher in cost but 10 times faster so worth it.

so let's see $81 a month Fios plus $35 a month DirectTVNOW = $116 which went from $194+ from Time Warner now Spectrum.

you can shop around and get even lower, 15/1 from time warner was absolutely great, never had downtime with them and connected over 24 devices as we do now. 

In VoIP don't get NetTalk they are terrible. 

Good Luck

dale001
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 5 of 6
(1,217 Views)

With deals like this, I know I'm overpaying by a lot. Phoning this week.IMG_0368.JPG

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 6 of 6
(1,162 Views)

Notice it says for 1 year.

Make sure you ask what the second year price will be,

The deal only includes local channels.

And you will need a STB or cable card device to watch the premium channel on your TV.

Or you can use their apps.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title