Unusable internet afternoons and weekends. No upload connection. Completly frustrated
Aegius

I'm completely frustrated and angry.  FIOS was awesome for the first 6 months until I purchased a house and moved.  Now I horrific internet service.  I have no idea what I am paying for. I've spent countless hours on the phone repeating the same steps over and over again.  Replacing routers, having technicians come out and tell me they don't see any problems.

It seems that I am receiving 0 upload speed.  I can not send any email attachments, I can not upload pictures to facebook.  Verizons Speed test times out when it gets to the upload part.  It is a complete nightmare using Fios.  During the weekdays I can usually get some upload connectivity although much slower than the 5mb I am paying for.

This is using a wired connection.  Both my PC and my laptop.   I really want Verizon to either fix it or let me out of my contract.  I'm tired of being told it must be my PC.   By the way, I'm a Network Administrator so I know a little bit about IT troubleshooting.

0 Likes
Re: Unusable internet afternoons and weekends. No upload connection. Completly frustrated
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Seperate ONT or a Multi Dwelling Unit?  Obviously something is wrong, the question is it inside, at the ont are something outside.

After double checking any wiring, the next obvious thing is reset the router.  Next the ONT.

Don't hesitate to contact Verizon again after that. AND THIS FORUM IS PEERS, so use one of their Contact us options. http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/contact-us/index.htm

0 Likes
Re: Unusable internet afternoons and weekends. No upload connection. Completly frustrated
Aegius

Seperate ONT. Verizon tech visted mid-day.  Said he could see nothing wrong.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Aegius wrote:

Seperate ONT. Verizon tech visted mid-day.  Said he could see nothing wrong.

He ran the Verizon speedtest and it came back completely normal?

When you sent an email with an attached file what did he say?

0 Likes
Aegius

The problem only happens in the evening and weekends. The verizon tech came around 2pm and tested it via the speedtest and it came back normal although he did note that the upload speed at 1-2 MB seemed slow.  He basically said he didn't see any problems and there was nothing he could do and left.

He also said he had never heard of upload problems being an issue, only download speeds.

0 Likes