Upgraded to 75/75, receive 7.3/80 Why less service for more $
Phiosnail

Hi - Fios has been good service last 5 years.  Decided to upgrade as internet use is increasing and video is impossible most of the time.  So upgraded for extra $15/mo.  Now, since technician was here internet download speed is reduced from 25 to 7.3, and I am paying for 75.

Anyone have a solution to this not good speed issue?

0 Likes
Re: Upgraded to 75/75, receive 7.3/80 Why less service for more $
pcabacoy

I just spent 4 hours online with support because I'm having the same issue, and I've had the 75/75 for 2.5 years now, and tonight it's dropped to 9/80... They still haven't explained why or given any indication it's a network issue.

0 Likes
db909
Contributor - Level 3

@Phiosnail wrote:

Hi - Fios has been good service last 5 years.  Decided to upgrade as internet use is increasing and video is impossible most of the time.  So upgraded for extra $15/mo.  Now, since technician was here internet download speed is reduced from 25 to 7.3, and I am paying for 75.

Anyone have a solution to this not good speed issue?

Yeah, you made a big mistake upgrading.  Changing your plan did nothing, you can watch HD at 5 down.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/306

0 Likes
Sean3040-2
Enthusiast - Level 3

This internet speed requires certain equipment

You might need a new router and or ONT

Call tech support and ask for a health check to be ran on your router. Also ask if enough light is being pushed to the ONT

Ask for the FiOS advanced WiFi router as a replacement and or the Quatum Gateway