Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

Upgraded to 75/75, receive 7.3/80 Why less service for more $

Phiosnail
Contributor
Contributor

Upgraded to 75/75, receive 7.3/80 Why less service for more $

Message 1 of 4
(867 Views)

Hi - Fios has been good service last 5 years.  Decided to upgrade as internet use is increasing and video is impossible most of the time.  So upgraded for extra $15/mo.  Now, since technician was here internet download speed is reduced from 25 to 7.3, and I am paying for 75.

Anyone have a solution to this not good speed issue?

3 REPLIES 3
pcabacoy
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Upgraded to 75/75, receive 7.3/80 Why less service for more $

Message 2 of 4
(852 Views)

I just spent 4 hours online with support because I'm having the same issue, and I've had the 75/75 for 2.5 years now, and tonight it's dropped to 9/80... They still haven't explained why or given any indication it's a network issue.

db909
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 3 of 4
(841 Views)

@Phiosnail wrote:

Hi - Fios has been good service last 5 years.  Decided to upgrade as internet use is increasing and video is impossible most of the time.  So upgraded for extra $15/mo.  Now, since technician was here internet download speed is reduced from 25 to 7.3, and I am paying for 75.

Anyone have a solution to this not good speed issue?

Yeah, you made a big mistake upgrading.  Changing your plan did nothing, you can watch HD at 5 down.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/306

Sean3040-2
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(699 Views)

This internet speed requires certain equipment

You might need a new router and or ONT

Call tech support and ask for a health check to be ran on your router. Also ask if enough light is being pushed to the ONT

Ask for the FiOS advanced WiFi router as a replacement and or the Quatum Gateway

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title