Upsetting Experience: $99 Fee for Self-installation!
Zaidy1

During the pandemic I had to cancel my service temporarily. I left the ONT and my own router connected as I was told I could do a self-install when returning. A month ago I called to do the self-installation and reactivate my service. At NO point, I was told about a $99.00 set up fee. I was transferred to tech support, and after a few mins my wifi was working! At the moment I was impressed with how helpful and efficient the customer service and tech support teams were. Little did I know I would receive a $99.00 surprise charge a few weeks later! 

I have called customer service and talked to more than 10 reps at this point and no one seems to be willing to help! I even raised an "incident ticket" that led to nowhere! They keep offering me a $50.00 credit to make account, which I have rejected since I want a full refund for the unauthorized $99.00 charge! At this point, I might go to my bank and dispute the charge as I have already wasted enough time trying to solve it with them. 

Be aware, these guys like to pull weirds tricks on you every now and then! Big scam...

0 Likes
Re: Upsetting Experience: $99 Fee for Self-installation!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Zaidy1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes