USB port
stephylewis

I have the MI424WR-GEN2 wireless router.  Is the USB port active?  It seems to be powered. I'm told it isn't active. If so, then why is it there? To tease me and make the THINK I can network extra storage? 

0 Likes
Re: USB port
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I do not know if it active or not since I do not have that device and I do not work for Verizon, but I can guess why it is there if it is not active...

#1 To recharge device(s) connected to it?

#2 Reservered for future use?

For example: Someday in the future, you can add a device there and use the device for Extra Storage.

0 Likes
CapnCrunch
Contributor - Level 2

@stephylewis wrote:

I have the MI424WR-GEN2 wireless router.  Is the USB port active?  It seems to be powered. I'm told it isn't active. If so, then why is it there? To tease me and make the THINK I can network extra storage? 

The USB port provides up to 5 VDC for attached devices (to charge a cell phone, for example). In the future, with a firmware release upgrade, the USB host functionality will be available for devices such as external storage and cameras.

According to page 15 of the manual which can be found here: http://support.actiontec.com/doc_files/MI424WR_Rev._E&F_User_Manual_20.10.7_v1_GPL.pdf

GrandpaStan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I, too, have seen this comment in the manual.

I think this is a feature that Verizon should follow through on its statement and make it available, especially for external storage.

0 Likes