Use G1100 as MOCA bridge only
Pablo83

I've done this before but not recently so I wanted to post here to make sure I have the steps down.

• Login to the G1100 and change the IP from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.2
  • Wifi is disabled already as I'm using my own AP's
  • turn off DHCP
  • turn off firewall
  • Release the IP and unplug the Ethernet cable from ONT and power cycle
  • Plug Ethernet cable from ONT into my Edgerouter-X WAN port
  • DHCP scope is 192.168.1.30 - .240 on Edgerouter
  • Take an Ethernet cable and patch any LAN port on my Edgerouter to any LAN port on the G1100

That's it right? I don't need to remotely view my DVR but I still want the TV guide to function and on-demand.

0 Likes
Re: Use G1100 as MOCA bridge only
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Looks good. That’s how I had mine setup. Guide and OnDemand will work fine. 

0 Likes
Pablo83

Yea just did it. took 5 min. Worked perfectly.

0 Likes
mandre

Thank you so much for the information, but how does the G1100 then pass info to the STBs with WiFi turned off and only a LAN-in connection from the USG?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Over the coax through the MoCA. Wifi is not needed. 

0 Likes
RibenaPete
Enthusiast - Level 1

I followed these steps to have my Eero Pro 6 mesh manage the network. The MOCA bridge is working through the G1100, however I have one issue. I switched the G1100 to 192.168.1.2 as stated but I can't reach the admin portal of that router any more from either a wired or wireless connection. Http or ping to 192.168.1.2 just time out , also to 192.168.1.1.

Is that an expected effect of putting the G1100 into bridge mode?

This is only an issue if I need to adjust the G1100 settings again but I'd certainly like to retain access to do that.

Thanks to anyone who can shed light on this. Already worked through with Eero support but no solution so far...