Useless support
BillyFodor
Spoke with support 3 times today because my TV, phone and Internet are all dead. After some pointless troubleshooting they said a tech would need to come out but the earliest was 3 days from now. My ONT has no power and since nobody else reported any issues it's apparently not a big deal. Doesn't help me since I work from home and won't be able to now.

I'm going to dump this service and find another company with reliable equipment.
0 Likes
Re: Useless support
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

If your ONT has no power, that explains why all the services are out.  Have you checked the basics, such as is it plugged in?  Can you find the BBU (battery backup unit) and check the lights on it?

Good Luck.

0 Likes
BillyFodor
I verified it's plugged in. BBU says it has power too. I already accepted that it's not something I can fix myself and I need to wait for them. It's just frustrating having on piece of equipment go bad and knock out three services. I'm thinking about switching back to Comcast honestly. At least of my modem dies I can just replace it and not lose TV and phone on top of it.
0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is rather unusual for an ONT to go bad.  Cable has many more single points of failure as there is lots of powered equipment in the field. Stuff like amplifiers and line power supplies, for example.  Some even have their own battery backups, which introduce more failure points.

FiOS has absolutely no powered equipment between the central office OLT and the ONTs.  It is a much more reliable system than cable, although that doesn't help you.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

It sounds like the battery backup unit is no good and needs to be replaced knocking out the ONT. Call back Verizon and ask for them to expedite the repair.

0 Likes