Veizon FIOS internet router
michaelphenry

The verizon router (MI424RW)  that was installed with FIOS TV, INTERNET and PHONE last week is no longer allowing connections from my wireless devices (DeskTop  PC with wireless Linksys card and HP laptop with wireless adapter built in). They were both working prior to 2 days ago.  I am able to connect using desktops that are connected to the router via Ethernet cables. Anyone know the default settings for the router that affect only wireless connections?  All 4 of the settop boxes attached to TV's are visible in the router's admin screens.  If I do a hard reset of the router, will they have to be manually set up again?  Will they lose the program guide info?  My old Linksys router worked almost every time, and either you connected or nobody connected.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Veizon FIOS internet router
drbdumont
If you have the Actiontek router, I suggest you get into it and turn off the wireless. Then get a GOOD router like a Lynksys and put it upstream of the Actiontek. You will have to call VZ with the MAC address of the new router for it to get an IP address. I did this because I am now on my third Actiontek router after two failures. The Actiontek cannot handle more than about 10 connections to the internet, thus if you are using P2P such as Bittorrent, the router spits up. I also use a Vonage phone adapter rather than VZ's phone service, and was never able to get the QOS to set properly so internet connections would keep the phones from working right.
0 Likes