Re: Verizon and Xboxlive connection problems
jondoeforty1

Same here in CA. Regular DSL no Fios. Xbox techs say its an issue with Verizon

When you call Verizon tech support they say everything is up and it must be an issue with Xbox....I finally asked for US tech support and was told there is an issue for people in CA and he really couldnt give a time it would be fixed.

He said certain websites are also effected....I have problems with parts of Facebook and Xbox sites timing out.

0 Likes
DiAmore
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, SoCal FiOS user here.  Can't connect to XBL and certain other sites are not loading and or being flaky.  It's not on my end.  I love how people report problems, and all they do is throw their hands up and go "not it!" instead of working to identify the issue.  It's great.  I'm not thinking it's an xbox live problem, probably something Verizon should be diagnosing.  I use OpenDNS and Google's public DNS, so no issue there.  *shrug*

0 Likes
steveglendora

On hold with both Verizon and Xbox live for hours, each pointing fingers at each other.  Last conversation with Verizon, they blamed the modem/router (Westell).  Verizon is shipping a new modem/router.  Does everyone else have a Westell (T683K) modem/router?

0 Likes
DiAmore
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I have an Actiontec MI424WR, that isn't the problem.  I have a feeling this has to do with the same problem that is posted below as "DNS issues in SoCal"... which isn't a DNS issue at all.  There is something local in Verizon's SoCal network that is failing.  I don't even use Verizon's DNS because it tends to be slower.  I am having trouble with Steam and xbox live as well as a few random other sites that seemingly work fine for others in different geographical locations.

Also, the new router might help you by giving you a new IP, but this isn't truly fixing the problem in Verizon's SoCal network.  You're just steering around it, if it is indeed the same problem as the thread I mentioned above.

0 Likes
lorib13

I haven't been able to connect to Facebook or XBox since yesterday.  **bleep** off doesn't even come close. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon and Explosive connection problems
CoreyTaz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm official over Verizon its terrible with their customers they want more money from their customers I will NEVER recommend people to join Verizon Charter Internet is good :). Verizon is false advertising and have Reps that don't know Verizon own product. 

Check out my thread "Verizon love Money". 

I wish everyone the best of luck Verizon is not good for Gamer Customers. 

Not applicable

- The problem is neither Verizon nor X-Box, is in the middle. I have seen this happen before for customers in New Jersey not too long ago. At this moment there are a lot of FiOS and non-FiOS customers having problems connecting to different sites. A good way to find out if the issue is within the Verizon network is to run a trace route using the command prompt ("tracert" is the command to use) on the site you are currently having problems with. If you get passed the first 5 hops then most likely you are now outside the Verizon network and you will notice that hops will begin to time out on several results before the trace route completes.

- If you read the name of the servers on the right hand side of the trace route results, you might notice that they no longer have Verizon associated with the name of such server at which the timeout occurred; if however your results times out within Verizon servers then by all means contact Verizon and provide your results.  The servers from which the hops timed out are supported by other entities(who knows) and therefore are outside the Verizon's control.

- The only workaround for this issue that I know of and has worked is to break the DHCP lease from the router and hope to obtain a different IP address(very important that the router is rebooted/unplugged to obtain the new IP address); once that has taken place then clear the cache, history, temp files from your computer and test to see if you have connectivity to the sites you were having problems with. The reason for the re-assigning a new IP address is to establish a new connection and therefore a different route when exiting the Verizon network. If this does not work, then try again sometimes the router receives the same IP address after the break of the DHCP lease ; consider waiting about 1 minute before plugging the router back in. If you do not know how to do the things mentioned above I would suggest contacting Verizon or your ISP and advising the rep of the above instructions; this most of them know how to do.

- For those wondering how come your neighbor of friend is able to connect just fine but not you, remember that they might have a different ISP or IP address, meaning their connection to those sites are currenlty taking a completely different route than your computer/x-box. Not sure if there is really anything Verizon Network Technitians can do such as re-route the connections from their servers before exiting their network......

0 Likes
ChristopheJay
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Xbox Live Service has been out since Friday night. 

At first my Xbox was saying it was MTU issue, I know this is not the case. 

Earlier today I realized I had trouble accessing certain websites (like Steam & Facebook) also my VOD service was not working. 

I don't know if this is true or not but the Verizon Rep I talked to said Xbox Live updated it's ports and that is causing the issue. 

The Verizon Rep did a reset on my FiOS system, something only they can do. This fixed my issues with websites and VOD, however I can not connect to Xbox Live. 

However when I go to run a the Xbox Troubleshoot, it shows I connected to the internet, but can not connect to Xbox Live. On Friday, I don't believe the troubleshoot could connect to the internet. Also it now recommends that I adjust Port Settings and not MTU settings. I haven't messed with my port settings, hoping that Verizon Techs are working on fixing this soon. 

It would probably be a good idea to sort out what area of Xbox Live Connection Test, FiOS users are failing on, and what the recommended Xbox Suggestion is for fixing it (after a router restart, because that doesn't do anything). 

Hopefully some other people can confirm a similar experience to what I have had. 

0 Likes
Eunos1

I'm also having the same problem. It went away around Friday evening or night. I have waited all weekend hoping that it would come back. Tried signing on all weekend long and nothing. Did some a search and found some threads about the same problem. Then went to the xboxlive site to check the status, it said it was okay, then problem with Fios, then okay again, then Fios problem again, and now it is currently at 'up and running'. Obviously it is not up and running.

I finally called Verizon today and got the same answer everyone else had. They said to call xboxlive. They said they know nothing about this. They have no clue whatsoever. They changed my ip and checked everything and well....nothing was wrong. LOL, what is going on here. We pretty much know this is on Verizon, not XBL. Fix your problem. There is no explanation, no info, no nothing. I can't believe Verizon is not acknowledging this problem. Instead Verizon is pointing their fingers at XBL.

If this is out for another week or a few days then I will have no choice but to terminate their service. They will not be getting a good reputation around here. Especially the amount of customers they have let down. Very frustrating.

I was lucky and did not wait long for the customer support. The person was kind and helpful but had no idea about anything.

0 Likes
CoreyTaz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Sold me into buying a useless premium tech support that they said would fix the problem and now I'm stuck with more contracts.. I wish I can cancel but they got me by a NOOSE. I don't recommend this to no one!!!.

0 Likes