verizon chat not honored over phone , cost me over $150
moko59

I just want to say that after being with Verizon for around 20 years, we are absolutely disgusted with how we were just treated these past few months. We were going into our contract renewal sgreement, I figured I would go through chat as the wait times were quicker. We were told by the chat lady (I have the transaction ID & screenshots to prove our conversation) where the lady seemed extremely helpful and told me that we could get a free internet upgrade and get MLB Network added to our package for free. Here her exact words when I asked "How did you get everything added for me for free?" She said " Since we did the renewal of your contract some promotions and discounts can be added on the account". I thought that seemed impossible but figuring I am on the online chat with VERIZON I figured maybe they had a promotions/discount for loyal customers.

So, she then tells me to accept the email that shows the bill and I notice it is over $300... she tells me that it will be waived (the internet upgrade was 149) once the order goes through and that I no need to worry. Never having a reason to believe that I was being swindled as I never had a problem with Verizon before, I accept. Everything gets scheduled for the technician to come out and a few days later the order goes through... my bill was not correct so I called Verizon this time and after being on hold waiting for a "supervisor" (these are not supervisors as the lady was absolutely no help to me at all and basically told me it was my fault for accepting the email even though it was a Verizon representative over chat who did this with me) she said to me that "we cannot honor online chat as this was not in writing". I said "even though it was through VERIZONS website?" She says yes. I informed her I even have the transaction ID of the conversation and she simply said that does not matter as it was not in email conformation on the order (remember how I mentioned before that the lady over chat said the promotion/waiver will be added after the order was put through?)  ... I was absolutely distraught in the fact that even on their own website they will not honor what there representatives tell you over chat.

I have been reading through these forums and have seen countless issues with bait and switch with regards to them not honoring the chat on THE OFFICIAL VERIZON WEBSITE. Now I am forced to pay the extra $149 internet upgrade after having transaction ID that shows our convo. of her telling me it would be waived. It is mind blowing a Verizon rep over chat can tell you one thing, and then over the phone they say the cannot honor it?! After being a customer for around 20 years they will still treat you badly. I am very upset that this happened to me. I have never written in any type of forum of any kind before but this needs to be addressed and sounds illegal to me.

0 Likes
Re: verizon chat not honored over phone , cost me over $150
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi moko59,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes