Verizon collection agency after my 91 year old mother
ryneduren

Verizon encourages online signup for all of their services.  But, try cancel your 91-year-old mother's landline phone service and they require you to call them (presumably to try to dissuade you from cancelling).  I emailed them, via website, even sent a letter and wrote on paper bill, that she wanted to cancel her service.  Verizon kept billing her and now has a collection agency - Convergent Outsourcing -  after her for $179.84 they claimed is owed - most of that is after my repeated request to cancel.  Great customer service Verizon!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon collection agency after my 91 year old mother
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ryneduren,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ryneduren,

We'll be closing your private support case thread for the time being since we have yet to hear back from you. Please reply in this thread if you still require assistance.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes
MountainChilde

Hello! That collection agency- I heard from them too. They are claiming I owe over $300 for a phone service I had and cancelled about 4 years ago.{edited for privacy}

Thanks Cat Tongue

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello MountainChilde

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes