Verizon Fios & Playstation 3 & NHL Gamecenter Live App
kjames19731

Hello all,

First off I have tried all of the basic troubleshooting tips. uninstall and reinstall the NHL GCL APP on the PS3 System.

I have restarted my router, reset my router, i have deleted and recreated my ps3 internet connection.

I also have a little grey box with three lights that the Fios rep installed for me so I could directly hook up my Fios connection to my PS3 instead of using the WIFI for better speads. I am a huge sports fan and watch a lot of the apps through my PS3.

I am not sure what is causing the buffering. I get the buffering a lot when watching live streams of any game when I watch it through my ps3 and NHL GCL app. I also have unplugged and plugged that gizmo back in as well. I did a internet test on my ps3 and I am getting 4.6 & 2.9 down and up resepectively. 

Since I have one of the best Fios plans out there. Shouldn't I receive a better signal then those speeds for viewing streams. 

4.6 mpbs seems like snail slow since I have 75/75 mbps internet plan. is that the rate of speed I should be getting using my devices this way.

My phone or tablet will play the games fine. Also my computer will play them fine most of the time. All during the Red Wings game last night I was getting buffering very offent and almost freezing. 

Is there better equipment I can get from Fios so that my streaming of NHL Gamecenter live does not buffer on my tv at all?

It is a 50 inch 1080 LED TV LG Brand. 

Would, love to have a direct connection but my PS3 is in my living room and my router is on the other side of my house.

About three steps of rooms in average size house. So about 10-14 steps it takes. Probably less than that. I can measure the distance if it is needed. 

But basically what I want to know is how or why is the MBPS so low at 4.6 when I should be getting 75 mbps.

I don't understand why such the drastic difference. The little device model #ECB2500V. 
Not sure what this is called but it has coax and power and ethernet. the first and third lights are the only ones lit up.

Verizon Tech Reps, Any Advice on How I can improve these connections so I can not have to experience the buffering.
For what I am paying for this plan I should not be experiencing this at all. 

Thanks, Karl. Please email me directly. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Fios & Playstation 3 & NHL Gamecenter Live App
Mikemartin888
Enthusiast - Level 1
As far as I can tell the NHL Gamecenter App for PS3 just sucks. I have a LAN cable connected to my PS3 and have FIOS 75Mb service, but the **bleep** app just won't work. It freezes during games numerous times. The only cool feature that works is I can watch either the home or away feed, but I can't seek to the next or previous goal,mshot, or anything. I can't even just fast forward or rewind. Overall this app just sucks. I wonder if it's any better on PS4?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Try plugging in a laptop where the PS3 is and go to speedtest.verizon.net and test your speed. You can also setup your PS3 as DMZ this will bypass the router's settings and give the PS3 a direct internet connection.

0 Likes
Mikemartin888
Enthusiast - Level 1
As far as I can tell the NHL Gamecenter App for PS3 just sucks. I have a LAN cable connected to my PS3 and have FIOS 75Mb service, but the **bleep** app just won't work. It freezes during games numerous times. The only cool feature that works is I can watch either the home or away feed, but I can't seek to the next or previous goal,mshot, or anything. I can't even just fast forward or rewind. Overall this app just sucks. I wonder if it's any better on PS4?
0 Likes