Verizon Fios has a payment gateway problem. Fix ASAP
MattieMatt

(NOTE: This is not the first time I’ve had this specific issue; this is just my first time actually complaining about it. Due to this issue now becoming unbearable, I’ve decided to finally create an account on this forum to share this experience with others, because I have reason to believe that I’m not the only person who has experienced this while trying to PAY VERIZON the MONEY that is DUE. Please keep reading)

*My account is a Verizon Pre-paid account. More and more is this looking like the best option for any prospective customer looking to switch to Fios. 

On June 4th, 2022 I attempted to pay my Verizon Fios bill by logging into my Fios account through the website and hitting the “Pay Bill” button. My debit card (which is the SAME card I’ve BEEN using to pay my Verizon bills) is connected to the account, so all I had to do was click “pay bill”. 

Upon clicking through again, the gateway then greets me with this message: “We are sorry, we could not process your request.
Please try again later or use an alternative method of payment.” Being as though I’ve had this experience many times already throughout my time of being a Fios customer, I went to check my bank account and sure enough, there’s a brand new pending VERIZON*ONETIME transaction in the amount I was trying to pay. 

Each time this happens, I have to wait 2-3 BUSINESS DAYS before my bank recognizes that the funds aren’t hitting Verizon’s receiver account, and my bank will go fetch the funds back, and the funds become available again. I call Verizon Fios and I’m essentially told I’d have to wait until the next business day (June 6th) to speak to the Financial Services department. The rep I was speaking to also opened up a payment investigation onto my account and provided me with a ticket number. On Monday, June 6th, that ticket was closed fairly early in the morning & they found nothing.

On Tuesday, June 7th, the bouncing payment makes it back to my bank, and I immediately try to pay my FiOs bill again; this time connecting to my router, and allowing it to automatically redirect me to that payment gateway screen where I have to sign in, provide the telephone number, or the First & Last name and Zip Code (identity verification). After confirming my identity, again I’m at a “pay now” screen, and it asks me what card would I like to use. I once again use my debit card that’s on file (the same debit card that I’VE BEEN USING IN THE PAST TO PAY MY FIOS BILLS) and once again, I run into an error. This error stated: “We're sorry, we are unable to process your request.
Please try another payment method.” Knowing how this usually goes, I went ahead to check my bank account again and what do you know; another pending VERIZON*ONETIME payment in the same amount that I was attempting to pay is now posting in my bank account. 

At this point I’m ready to flip. I immediately call up Verizon Fios to complain about this because I need my internet service up, and their gateway portal is failing to take the payment. I bounced around through 5 different reps; all of which either “didn’t handle pre-paid plans” or essentially didn’t know what to do to solve this issue so they just transferred me to the wrong department. After realizing I was about to be transferred for a 6th time, I hung up the phone on the customer support agent.

On June 10th, the bouncing payment again makes it back to my account and I’m able to try again. Yippie! But this time, I withdraw the amount because I’d like to try to pay with CASH this time. The money is withdrawn, and I make my way to an Ace Cash Express office to use their payment system instead. I provide them with all the necessary documents for them to find my Fios account and pay my outstanding bill. Everything goes through, and I am provided with the receipt. The receipt says it takes 1-60 minutes for the payment to post, however Verizon states “up to 24 hours”.  60 minutes passed and nothing, so I decide to wait the full 24 hours.

That brings us to today, June 11th. After waiting the 24 hours, my service is STILL not up. I just tried speaking to Verizon Fios customer service through online chat and that went nowhere. When I log into my Fios account, it still has yet to reflect a payment. The rep did ask for the reference number for my payment, which I did provide, but that led nowhere. I can also track this reference number myself and can confirm that the money went through successfully, but Verizon has yet to post anything.

I will be waiting until Monday, June 13th for Verizon to reflect the cash payment that I’ve already paid. If this fails (I cannot get a refund from Ace Cash Express, it explicitly states that on the receipt), I’ll be requesting you to send out the technicians to uninstall this junk from my walls. There’s no reason why I should’ve had to pay by CASH anyway. ESCALATE MY CASE TO THE SOFTWARE ENGINEERS & GET THEM TO FIX THE GATEWAY PORTALS. I’VE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS ISSUE PERIODICALLY FOR YEARS; EXCLUSIVELY WITH YOUR COMPANY. THIS IS MY FIRST AND LAST TIME POSTING ABOUT THIS.

Another note: As I stated before, I’ve been having this problem on-and-off for years. It has happened with TWO different debit cards from 2 different banks at one point (the other card was a family members’ that lives in the same residence as me); however on this specific occurrence that I’m writing about I only used one card. I cannot recall if I’ve ever ran into this issue while paying using a Credit Card though, but that doesn’t matter at this point in time 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios has a payment gateway problem. Fix ASAP
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi MattieMatt,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes