Verizon Fios not directly informing customers of change in billing rates
kwikkitty

I recently had my bill go up with no noticeable indication that it was happening.

I looked through my monthly billing notifications and saw no mention of a change coming.

After what seemed like a billion hoops to jump through, I finally was put in contact with a Fios representative. This representative was very helpful and he told me that there was a notice of a coming change to the bill in my monthly statement.

I have electronic statements setup. So, I went to MyVerizon, clicked to the spot where I can view the statement, and finally found this notice that my bill would change.

Since I signed up for electronic statements, I assumed (mistakenly it would seem) that my monthly billing notification would hold such information, or that I would receive a separate email notice of changes about to happen to my bill.

So, the purpose of this message, besides for me to complain, is to pose to Verizon that they do either offer this information in the billing notifications or in a separate email notification, instead of only in the billing statement, as the billing statement is usually back of mind, while the notifications get one's, or at least my, attention each month.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios not directly informing customers of change in billing rates
jonjones1
Legend

That maybe great advice.

i notice any changes be they price increases or decreases in my paper billing.

however since the paperless billing has the same information online it is up to us as customers to view the invoices. Verizon did notify you, albeit not in the manner you would have wanted.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios not directly informing customers of change in billing rates
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you under contract or month to month?

If under contract, what pricing changed?

When I look at my online bill (paper copy via pdf) it shows what discounts I have and when they expire.

0 Likes