Re: Verizon FIOS Router Actiontec MI424WR-GEN3I Issue - Dropped Connections - Constant Reboots
g00py
Contributor - Level 1

I just sent you a PM. Fight the power!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOS Router Actiontec MI424WR-GEN3I Issue - Dropped Connections - Constant Reboots
chaybee1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks!!   Will definitely post here with any updates.  Please do likewise.  I have also read about bypassing this router via the same set-up you described,  but at this point, after months of troubleshooting,  I am stubbornly active in getting to the bottom of this.  

0 Likes
g00py
Contributor - Level 1

Oh, don't worry. I have no intention of letting this go either. Will make a call to CS tomorrow and post the results.

0 Likes
g00py
Contributor - Level 1

Anybody else out there having this issue? Let's hear about it.

0 Likes
Josi
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh yes I have the same problem. This started to happen the day I updgraded to Quantum 50/25 and got a new router. It never happened with the older  router which I used when I had 25/15. I only got the new router because it defnitely produces an improved wireless signal. I have an appointment with  them on the 18th.  We will see I will keep this forum posted

0 Likes
Josi
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its amazing. I called and spoke to two techs and they told me oh we have never heard of this. Thats what they are trained to say. I am not buying that one bit. I even said to the guy dont you guys read the forums and he said yes they do but they havent seen or heard of that before now. I am like you right.   Verizon needs to get their act together they have a great product but they are messing it up with this stupid router.

0 Likes
g00py
Contributor - Level 1

Well, if your experience goes like the rest of us, they'll probably suggest replacing the router and/or the ONT and neither will actually help.

Here, by the way, is further information on the problem I found elsewhere.

A device on the lan is establishing tcp connections to upnp service port 2555 and immediately terminates connection leaving the connection half closed. Each half closed connection consumes 1 socket descriptor. There is a limit of 1024 and once this is reached the router will reboot.

This seems to be a pretty definitive explanation of what's going on since it echoes what I saw in the official Verizon doc. Anybody know what this means or whether this can help us reach a solution?

0 Likes
Josi
Enthusiast - Level 3

If it doesnt work I will give them back their router and just use the old one. it was working fine. My daughter wont be happy  because she wont be able access wifi from the gate of my house like now but thats okay.  LOL. She is even complaining about the dropped connections

0 Likes
g00py
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, that's the problem -- older revs of the router seem to work fine, but they won't give you the same performance as the newer rev. Otherwise, I would have switched back five months ago. 

0 Likes