Re: Verizon FIOS Router Actiontec MI424WR-GEN3I Issue - Dropped Connections - Constant Reboots
Chuckh19581
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its been up for 24hrs and 31 minutes so far. Thats definitely a record for my router.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOS Router Actiontec MI424WR-GEN3I Issue - Dropped Connections - Constant Reboots
g00py
Contributor - Level 1

Now disabled on both my primary router and MoCA bridge. I've got 24 solid hours on my primary. If it reboots again, it'll most likely happen tonight.

0 Likes
chaybee1
Enthusiast - Level 3

g00py,  keep us updated.  Fingers crossed.  If it works, is it an easy turn off/on thing in the router?  Just follow the previous posters link?

0 Likes
g00py
Contributor - Level 1

Yah, super easy. Here's the link:

http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059

I'm far too cynical to think it'll make a difference, but I can't imagine there are any other settings left to tweak. If this works, I'll gladly eat my old router.

0 Likes
chaybee1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, man.  Interestingly enough,  my router has been rebooting more frequently now. I haven't made any changes except for all of the things posted in the past.  Where I use to sometimes get 30-40 hours without a drop, it's more like 5-10 now.  No idea why.  

0 Likes
g00py
Contributor - Level 1

Maybe you should try disconnecting your wireless devices one at a time until you can isolate which (if any) is causing the reboot. 

Don't get me wrong -- the router should be able to handle whatever wireless devices we throw at it. But reboots every 5-10 hours seem pretty extreme.

0 Likes
chaybee1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thing is,  nothing was added since the issue began.  No new devices and all firmware on said devices has been upgraded.  I only have my TV, Phone, 2 laptops and a tablet hooked up.  All of which are out of use during the day and overnight.  I'll try that though if this latest IGMP doesn't prove viable.  

0 Likes
Chuckh19581
Enthusiast - Level 3

Router has remained up another couple of hours, but while poking around the administrative functions I noticed something odd. My WAN port is set to 10mbps half duplex. Is that right? What settings do others see for that? It's under "advanced" and "port configuration".

10mb seems wrong for someone whos paying for 30mb. Half duplex doesnt seem right either. None of my network equipment at work has been set to half duplex for years.

0 Likes
TheHangingJudge
Enthusiast - Level 3

Auto set here and showing 100 Full duplex

0 Likes
Chuckh19581
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dang it! If I change that I'm sure it's going to reboot the router and mess up my record up time which now stands at 27h 12m.

Mine is also set to "auto" but 10 half-duplex 

0 Likes