Re: Verizon FIOS Router Actiontec MI424WR-GEN3I Issue - Dropped Connections - Constant Reboots
Chuckh19581
Enthusiast - Level 3
@sangs wrote:

Dude, no. Why would you mess with success? Ride it out man. 🙂

Proof one way or the other. If it starts rebooting several times a day we'll know we've found a work-around. If not, VZ fixed it.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOS Router Actiontec MI424WR-GEN3I Issue - Dropped Connections - Constant Reboots
g00py
Contributor - Level 1

Anybody see anything in the basic or advanced logs indicating a firmware upgrade? Don't see anything in mine and it doesn't appear the firmware version number has changed either.

0 Likes
TheHangingJudge
Enthusiast - Level 3
Nope. The router would have rebooted if that was the case.
g00py
Contributor - Level 1

Oh, right. Derp. 🙂

0 Likes
ohmyggg

Hmm, it's been a number of days (nearing a week, I think) for me without any connection drops or reboots.

I didn't do much except for change my router settings to use a new wireless channel and I also removed a couple of entries in my DNS Server and/or DHCP Connection tables (can't remember which one I messed with). 

I didn't expect this to have any impact, and since I wasn't getting any drops with my Chromecast still plugged in (which Verizon was suspecting was the cause of my issue), I never unplugged my Chromecast either.

Maybe Verizon did something on their end?

0 Likes
TheHangingJudge
Enthusiast - Level 3

Definitely nothing you changed.  Many of us are reporting that we are staying up for longer than expected.  While some like you have made minor changes, I and others haven't changed anything and are still up.  It seems more and more likely that there was something changed from the ONT out.  

Neither my router, my network, my devices, or my STB's have changed.

0 Likes
g00py
Contributor - Level 1

Rebooted 24 minutes ago. Do I win a prize?

0 Likes
Dusted

I have the same issue of the router randomly rebooting.  Have you, or any one else solved this probelm yet?  What area of the country do you live in?  I live within 30 miles of Los Angeles.  I wonder if it's a regional problem.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide  🙂

0 Likes
gamer99
Contributor - Level 1

grab some coffee and read this Thread from start to till now. This is a ongoing issue.  Do you have Cisco STBs?  there is a issue with those Cisco boxes with router rebooting.   replace your main splitter.  replace the router, replace STBs.

0 Likes
Dusted

Yep, I've been reading it.  I don't have any cisco items.  I have the verizon MI424-WR, Rev. E router and it has worked fine until a week ago.... then the reboots started.  Also had some settings in the router change all on their own... did you have that happen?

For TV I have FIOS Motorola 7232 DVR.... That's it!  Besides the numerous wireless and wired computers, smart phones, game boxes, etc.

0 Likes