Verizon G3100 dual band router website certificate problem
Gage5
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently upgraded my package to 100/100 mps with the new Verizon dual band router. When I try to log into the web page I get a certificate error.  

Your PC doesn’t trust this website’s security certificate.
The hostname in the website’s security certificate differs from the website you are trying to visit.
Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_INVALID_CA
DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID
Go on to the webpage (Not recommended)

Plus when I run the verizon speed test it runs the router fine but when the device starts it say failed. I've run speed tests on other sites and they where fine. any Ideas of what is going on would be appreciated.  I've tried several things and none of them have worked with the certificate.  Would appreciate any advice.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon G3100 dual band router website certificate problem
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The router's webpage self signed certificate. That just means that it's not recognized by the Certificate Authority. It is just your browser telling you it doesn't trust the site. Since the router's address myfiosgateway.com (192.168.1.1) is a local address on your internal network there is no harm. Just click to proceed and you can login to the router. If you ever see that on the internet then exit the page immediately. 

If you are getting good speeds from third party test sites that is fine. I never use the Verizon site because it takes forever. If it's not working for you try downloading and using a different browser. And remember only hardwired a guaranteed. Wireless speeds are not. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The router's webpage self signed certificate. That just means that it's not recognized by the Certificate Authority. It is just your browser telling you it doesn't trust the site. Since the router's address myfiosgateway.com (192.168.1.1) is a local address on your internal network there is no harm. Just click to proceed and you can login to the router. If you ever see that on the internet then exit the page immediately. 

If you are getting good speeds from third party test sites that is fine. I never use the Verizon site because it takes forever. If it's not working for you try downloading and using a different browser. And remember only hardwired a guaranteed. Wireless speeds are not. 

Gage5
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, thank you for the information and your quick response.  I'll take it in to account.

Gage5
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your solution doesnt work with Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome.  The browser that I can get into the setting that will take my password is Internet Explorer. The other browsers do nothing when you enter the password.  Nothing happens, only IE allows me to put in my password and get into my router settings. Some one should advise Verizon or Microsoft about this issue.

Also my connection will just drop off and I have to reboot my router to get connected to wifi again none of the trouble shooting in Windows does anything.. And theres another problem with this.  My wifi speed will be almost 1/3 less.  I have to reset my router to get my full speeds back.  I never had this problem with my old router where the wifi just dropped out!

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like the issue might be with your computer. I can login with IE, Chrome, Mozilla, and Safari on multiple devices. I can’t say for Edge since I don’t use it. 
As far as the wifi goes. Your computer might have issue with SON. Try turning it off and see if it makes a difference. Also if you turn it off make sure you put 5G on the end of the 5GHz SSID. It won’t do it automatically. Both SSIDs are the same by default. 

0 Likes
Gage5
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the information.  I dont have Firefox and I dont why I can only get in using Internet Explorer.  I refreshed Windows 10 about 2 weeks ago when my computer crashed.  I advised Verizon on Twitter about the certificate and browser but they just said try another browser, I did and I got in with IE.  Couldn't get through to them on the phone.  I just got the new router right after that and was having problems. This time when I rebooted my router I got my full speed when I tested it.  I tried for 2 weeks and sat on hold for hour every time and gave up.  Dont know if it was so busy cause of the holidays.  I haven't called them in a long time but never had to wait that long to get a tech.  I get sick of that automatic voice.  It just kept on rebooting my router.

0 Likes