Verizon G3100 Router Rebooting itself!!!! So frustrating.
2020movievault
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Verizon G3100 Router is constantly rebooting.  The original router was replaced but problem persisted so the main box was replaced but problem still persists. What should I trouble shoot? The internet experience is pathetic with my phone line thru ooma being down constantly + Netflix streaming buffering when everything goes down.  I have read multiple posts of these problems but none explaining the source of the problem or a solution other than to replace router. Anyone here had the same issue that was resolved? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon G3100 Router Rebooting itself!!!! So frustrating.
2020movievault
Enthusiast - Level 1

No we have not my issue has been resolved. It was an incorrect bridge set up causing a fight between my Verizon Router & My Asus. I guess when the Asus won the fight temporarily the G3100 would reboot to take back the ip. What ironic is that all the calls to tech support and advanced tech support  no one troubleshot the bridge set up. During my last tech visit the tech actually found the error.  In my case the router was replaced, the main box was replaced & I even changed electrical outlets. Hope this helps someone else from making the same mistake. 

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you receive any email from Verizon saying Free Previews, etc. recently?

We have another customer here experiencing the similar issue.

2020movievault
Enthusiast - Level 1

No we have not my issue has been resolved. It was an incorrect bridge set up causing a fight between my Verizon Router & My Asus. I guess when the Asus won the fight temporarily the G3100 would reboot to take back the ip. What ironic is that all the calls to tech support and advanced tech support  no one troubleshot the bridge set up. During my last tech visit the tech actually found the error.  In my case the router was replaced, the main box was replaced & I even changed electrical outlets. Hope this helps someone else from making the same mistake. 

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is interesting. Going forward, may you check the router's log first before spending time contacting the support? The router's log would give you lots of information for troubleshooting.

I made a router Bridging Guide over here. Although the routers you have are different, it should give you the same gist. Did the support agent charge you for the visit?