Verizon internetdownload problems
mpap248
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having problems downloading Verizon with MSn - won't download on my PC.

I can't update Mcafee - I uninstalled it and it won't reinstall (won't accept certificates), Also the same problem with AVG.

I can't update In Home Agent - I'm installing from the disc I received with my new router. The last router was deemed not working by a Verizon agent.

If I connect either my PC or laptop by ethernet, I have to reset pages to view and I have all of the above problems. If I connect my laptop with a wireless adaptor, the internet works fine, but I can only access Verizon.net by web, not the Verizon server

I took my PC to get checked/repaired, paid $170.00,.It was repaired?? and I had the same problems. I took the PC back, I have't received it back yet.

I retried my laptop with the ethernet connected and it still had all of the same problems.

Seems like anything related to"apps" in my address bar on either computer doesn't work.

Maybe related to the above problems, I can't access On Demand on my TV. I was told by Verizon to reset my router for this problem and they reset my service several times and it still doesn't work.

Can anybody help with the information I provided? Need  more info?

Appreciate any help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon internetdownload problems
mpap248
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem solved!!

As per Verizon Tech the system had a "PON card" issue on the Verizon servers affecting all users on the card. He said it affected about 32 people. It was reset overnight and my computer has wings again. It's flying!

View solution in original post

mpap248
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same responses I get from Verizon. They won't even send someone out to check my lines to the house. Yet they keep billing me for service.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

This forum is for members to help other members. Please be patient, as your topic has only been posted for a few hours. Thank you.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Well if the laptop will connect wirelessly but not wired. Sounds like it may be a faulty router. I'd get Verizon to ship you a new router.

They will not send someone to your house. period. unless they exhaust all attempts to do it remotely. (replace router, reset ont, have a network tech look at the circuit, etc).

Besides the fact that it works wirelessly, means that the Verizon portion of the internet works fine. It is either the router itself or the computers. And the fact that the VOD doenst work, makes it easy. Its the router.

0 Likes
mpap248
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply.

The more I looked at the problem, everything, like you stated points to the router. What confused me was Verizon just sent me the replacement router and I was still having almost all of the same symtoms as the router that was replaced. I thought I had a Virus, I took the computer to be repaired and had the same problems when I brought it back home. I changed all of my passwords, questions and log in names.

Now I can use the wireless on the laptop, but when I try to install downloads, It won't accept certificates from any sites including Mcafee C-Net downloads etc. Same as the problem when using the Ethernet connection.

I can now access On Demand, but I have a "pixilated screen".

I'm prepared to call about the router today and hopefully resolve these issues. I guess they could have sent me a defective router to replace the defective router. Spooked me a bit.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
mpap248
Enthusiast - Level 2

Latest info:

Picked up the computer from Tech Depot, they had downloaded for me all of the items that wouldn't install on my Verizon service. Computer works great, but same issues with the Verizon Fios.

Router checked out as OK - contacted Verizon, they checked what they could by phone conversation and

decided to send a Tech out to the house today to rectify my problems!  I've been trying to get a Tech out to the house for a week. NICE!!

Also contacting Verizon yesterday was pretty quick and easy. I was talking to a "live person" within 5 minutes and call with all test took @ 15 minutes.

I should have service today.

0 Likes
mpap248
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:

Tech came and spent @ 4 Hrs working with the system. Found a bad splitter and replaced it, changed what he called the "brain" twice and worked by phone with a Tech from Verizon.

Said they rerouted the service @ 20 ways, changed IP addresses and other troubleshooting.

Same problems on my computer and the Techs computer.

Computer worked excellent on Tech Depot's servers (they serviced the PC for me) and 

works excellent at my work.

Both Techs said they never saw anything like this before.

Trouble ticket was escalated and another Tech is coming today.

mpap248
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem solved!!

As per Verizon Tech the system had a "PON card" issue on the Verizon servers affecting all users on the card. He said it affected about 32 people. It was reset overnight and my computer has wings again. It's flying!

prisaz
Legend

@mpap248 wrote:

Problem solved!!

Thanks for posting the resolution. Not everyone does that, and it is good to see that Verizon resolved your issue. Yea 32 nodes per PON card for the OLT sounds right.