Verizon is making it difficult to transfer ownership of my mom's Fios account over to me
ACross2

So around the last week of June, me and my mom decided to transfer ownership of her Verizon Fios account to me since I have been the main one financial responsible (paying the full bill each month) for it for about 2 years now (she can't pay her part anymore) and because I qualify for the ACP discount and she doesn't. The account includes home internet and landline phone number, (no mobile phones).

We both called Verizon and got on the phone with a customer representative and she couldn't change the ownership because there was some issue, told us to wait 24 to 48 hours, we waited, called back and got the same representative that said she had to have a supervisor check and to wait a week and she would call us back, she wouldn't tell us what the issue was.

We wait the week, I received a voicemail from that same representative saying that the issue was fixed and for my mom and me to call back to begin the ownership transfer again, we did, we got a different representative who said there seems to another account in my mom's name (which is impossible she has never opened another account) and she had to get a supervisor to investigate and that we need to wait another week for them to see what's going on and they would call us back.

So now yesterday, I received another voicemail from the first representative we had that said the same thing as last time that everything was okay now and for my mom and me to call back to start the process again.

Today my mom called when I was out and the representative told her that the issue is that our current Verizon phone number has some debt tied to it from whoever had that number previously (which has nothing to do with us, not our fault that they re-use phone numbers ) and in order to transfer ownership of the account my mom will need to change the phone number which will be free of charge and then "maybe" that will solve this (like really? you're not even sure if this fixes anything).

My mom also said no because of the hassle and how frustrating this has been and the hassle it will be to change the number because we use that number to keep in contact with so many people and important ones like doctors, etc for years now. And also what if another "issue" pops up when we change the number? They'll just have us in this annoying loop of not doing the ownership change.

The representative also said to just cancel my mom's Fios account and have me create a new Fios account in my name and get new service and new router and have a technician come which can take weeks but we told her no because that is also a hassle because then they will cancel our internet and phone service which I need right now since I work from home.

We just want my mom's account in my name why are they complicating things?!?

What do we do now? Has anyone had to go through this? I don't understand why this has been such a hassle. Why can't they just do this?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is making it difficult to transfer ownership of my mom's Fios account over to me
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ACross,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Report Verizon Customer Representative
ACross2

See my past post for more info on my issue:

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/fios-internet/verizon-is-making-it-difficult-to-transfer-ownership-of-...

We have been trying to transfer ownership of my mom's Fios account to me and all the Verizon representatives we have contacted have been giving us the runaround and not addressing what the issue is with the account ownership transfer. Today we called again and the representative we got sounded either slow or drunk, she kept slurring her words and like she was not present at times and kept asking us why do we need to transfer ownership that it seems unnecessary and that she would have to cancel our internet and phone service if we did, we kept going back and forth, and then she said we need to contact our electric company to complete the ownership transfer?!? We then told her what does our electric company have to do with Verizon, which she them mumbled oh you're right, after that we hung up on her because that was a frustrating phone call. Where do I report a representative for being drunk on the job?

0 Likes
Re: Report Verizon Customer Representative
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ACross,

We will forward your post to the proper channel to address your concern.

0 Likes