Verizon is sending me a new Quantum Gateway, why?
imlazar
Enthusiast - Level 3

Via the website, I just reupped my FiOS for another two years at the 75/75 level.  As part of this, Verizon is sending me a new Quantum Gateway.  The existing one is about 2 years old and is a model G1100, HW version 1.03.   I've searched but I can't find any details on a newer model.  Does anyone know what they are sending me and if I can expect any improvements?  The existing QG has horrible range and so i've front-ended it with an Asus wireless router.  Will the new QG be any better?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon is sending me a new Quantum Gateway, why?
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not aware of any other new models other than the G1100, I wonder if it was just a billing system glitch.

I'd compare the hardware versions and if it is newer maybe give it a shot! Otherwise just hold on to it, you could potentially turn it into a spare MoCA bridge if you ever want to use your home's coax wiring as Ethernet to extend a hardwired connection somewhere.

View solution in original post

Re: Verizon is sending me a new Quantum Gateway, why?
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not aware of any other new models other than the G1100, I wonder if it was just a billing system glitch.

I'd compare the hardware versions and if it is newer maybe give it a shot! Otherwise just hold on to it, you could potentially turn it into a spare MoCA bridge if you ever want to use your home's coax wiring as Ethernet to extend a hardwired connection somewhere.