Verizon less than pleasing after contract ends. Renewed Fios 15/5 mbps only getting 9.7/2.6 mbps
olboatman

My triple play promo bundle expired mid January so I tried to negotiate my best deal with Verizon.  Original contract was 12 months now they make you commit to 24 months.

I signed up for the fios internet speed upgrade from 10/2 mbps to 15/5.  Well, I get 9.7/2.5 according to Verizon Fios own speed test.  Tried the optimizer and no increase in speed.  Reset the modem, still no change.

Now today I receive an email saying the MSN Premium service is being discontinued in my area mid March.  Not that MSN was so great but it included McAfee anti-virus and Webroot spysweeper subscriptions at no charge.  VZ wants more money for their Internet Security Suite...........

Not real happy about now.  Oh and their live chat tech support is not available even though it is within their published operation time.

Maybe time to move to the competition.  If anyone has any suggestions Thanks in advance.

John

0 Likes
Re: Verizon less than pleasing after contract ends. Renewed Fios 15/5 mbps only getting 9.7/2.6 mbp
prisaz
Legend

@olboatman wrote:

My triple play promo bundle expired mid January so I tried to negotiate my best deal with Verizon.  Original contract was 12 months now they make you commit to 24 months.

I signed up for the fios internet speed upgrade from 10/2 mbps to 15/5.  Well, I get 9.7/2.5 according to Verizon Fios own speed test.  Tried the optimizer and no increase in speed.  Reset the modem, still no change.

Now today I receive an email saying the MSN Premium service is being discontinued in my area mid March.  Not that MSN was so great but it included McAfee anti-virus and Webroot spysweeper subscriptions at no charge.  VZ wants more money for their Internet Security Suite...........

Not real happy about now.  Oh and their live chat tech support is not available even though it is within their published operation time.

Maybe time to move to the competition.  If anyone has any suggestions Thanks in advance.

John

Have tech support check out your ONT and or provisioning. Or you could cold boot it yourself, by unplugging your backup battery and power supply for a few minutes, and then plugging them back in. A cold boot without tech support's recomendation is not always the best thing to do, If you do cold boot your ONT, it will clear any diagnostic data that may be usefull in toubleshooting. Such as why the ONT may not have received the increased speed settings between the ONT and OLT.

As far as MSN. MSN was an offering from High Speed Internet that carried over to FIOS. I still use it, for my familiy, but it has be come less and less functional by the way of Microsoft. Microsoft has slowly stopped supporting features. As far as Verizon goes, it had stopped being an offering some thime ago. I will need to migrate the rest of the household over to my Verizon sub accounts for Email. I had created the account some time ago.