Verizon media manager as ps3 media server.
AngryGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi all,

Maybe this has been discussed but I can't find an answer here.  I've been meaning to set up a media server for my ps3 since my last pc died.  I procrastinate a lot, it's been 15 months now.  Anyway, does anyone know if Verizon media manager will function as a media server on a home network or should I just stick with Windows Media player?

I've yet to set up my library with either one so now is a good time for me to decide.  I kind of dislike the bloatware that verizon media manager is but I have to admit it is easy to use. Does anyone have experience with either one as far as use for viewing media on a playstation 3?  Sometimes it's nice to use the big TV instead of my PC. Yes, I know I could use the TV as a monitor but I have a desktop and the TV is in another room.  Wifey also likes the remote for the ps3.

Both the PS3 and the PC in question are hardwired on the Actiontec router so the horror stories I've heard of wired server and wireless PS3 don't apply here. Any tips, tricks or experience, no matter how small, would be greatly appreciated. This is probably the pinnacle of my technological prowess so I need whatever help I can get. 

Thanks

0 Likes