Verizon Media Manager Issues / Problems
JBoy53
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been working with Verizon Media Manager in my home and have encountered several issues that preclude me from using this product for now.  It is a good concept, to be able to access files on my home server, but it works poorly in supporting 16:9 TV screens and causes problems for other programs attempting to access files on my server PC.

The product does not support full screen rendition of 16:9 programs.  Instead it shows them as letterbox format within a 4:3 ratio box on my 16:9 TV sets.  I see from other forums on the Internet that this is a consistant problem for everyone.

Secondly, I share files from my Video folder on my server PC across the Internet to several of my family's WebDav capable devices, such as Android phones and tablets and Windows laptops.  Media Manager locks files it is set to scan for and blocks these devices from accessing these files.  No other sharing software such as Windows Media Player or Playon cause this problem.

Verizon support has been useless concerning these problems.

John 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Media Manager Issues / Problems
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

We can definitely find out the information for you in regards to the screen.  I sent you a private message to further assist.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
cfred7

@Shamika_VZ wrote:

Hello,

We can definitely find out the information for you in regards to the screen.  I sent you a private message to further assist.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Flexveiw error report           on my android (droid x)    First movie download

Failed to acquire license.  The rental play rights for this video has already been issued for this device.  The rental rights is no longer available for this device.

I cannot view the movie after downloading it.  This error continues to pop up

0 Likes
erok82

2 out of 3 movie rentals the Verizon media manager on my laptop will not download movie it tells me it can not acquire the license. When I try again it tells me that my rental is expired I have to log out of the manager then log back in to select download. But I still get the license message. Due to this problem I think I may have rented THE SITTER twice in one night trying to get this to work. Very frustrating

0 Likes