Verizon New Years Eve Shambles!
Pheywood

Dear Verizon,

I held a NYE party, in Columbia MD. All was good and everyone was having fun.

As I had decided to deck the garage out, into a 'NightClub Scene' for the final hour or so in New Years, I thought it would be good to crank some music up and through. I tested this the night before, all was good.

So, how annoyed was I when come 1030 at night, I could barely play a track from my library across the Wifi or You Tube or any other streaming service - Its not like I was hammering it with HD content was it.

It was great if i wanted to play musical statues, but I didnt - I wanted to dance with my friends and celebrate new year and my verizon service was just dreadful - So thanks, for nothing - they day I get anywhere near what verizon offer in terms of speed I ll be amazed.

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes
Re: Verizon New Years Eve Shambles!
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI, you're talking to customers here.

If you had trouble using WiFi to access your home library on your home network, that wasn't a Verizon network problem.  You most likely were at the limits of your WiFi range or had other WiFi interferers in your area.  For example, if some of your guests had WiFi hotspots turned on, that could slow down your WiFi.

Had you tested WiFi coverage in your garage before hand?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon New Years Eve Shambles!
Pheywood

yeah, I understand that - Just an indescriminate rant 😉

I had tested all of that - loaded up prior with devices and plenty of streaming from each - A real stress test.

Almost certain it was pretty miserable network performance from Verizon.....

0 Likes