Verizon not honoring price confirmed online
CYuser

I renewed my FIOS agreement with Verizon for a on-line price of $69..99. I got the order confirmation on the screen and the order showed under Order status also. 

However, when I checked my account again after a couple of days, the web-site prompted me for renewal again.

I called Verizon to inform them that I had renewed online. They said the order was not processed and it had to be put it through. They did not give a good reason on why the order was stuck or what was wrong with the order.They simply said it happens sometimes. Agent did something to process the order and everything was set. I got the confirmation email also.

When I got the bil for this month, I see a charge of $84.99. 

I called Verizon and spoke to an Agent. I explained to her:

1) Verizon does not show me the order details anymore

2) The confirmation email does not show the price or the break-up. It is just an acknowledgement email

3)  The only proof I had was the screenshot I captured when I renewed the agreement.

I faxed the document to the agent. She reviewed the account, the order and verified the document I sent. But she mentioned that she did not have authority to adjust the price. She recorded the whole thing plus the fact that she had verified the documentary proof.

Then I was transferred to some other person.He requested me to fax the document and promised to call back as soon as he gets the fax. He has not called until now.

I am suprised Verizon would engage in "bait and switch" for customers signing up online.

If Verizon has an issue with On-line signing up, they should simply shut-off online sign-up and ask everyone to call customer service. Verizon should not show incorrect pricess online and make customers go in circles. Also, when a customer signs an agreement, Verizon should at least send an email with the details of pricing in which case any discrepancies can be immediately sorted not. instead of waiting for the bill.

Can the moderator help me by forwarding this to an appropriate person? I am ready to fax the document again, if required

0 Likes
Re: Verizon not honoring price confirmed online
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon not honoring price confirmed online
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

CYuser,

We have not heard back from you on this issue. If you have any new questions please let us know.

Josh

0 Likes