Verizon. Plain & Simple.
kv76k
Enthusiast - Level 1

Let me just begin by saying that I have had my share of billing problems with all kinds of service providers in the past. While I have always been too lazy to post those problems on forums, with Verizon I feel like everyone needs to know .

5 months ago, Verizon raised my FIOS internet bill by a hefty 17%. Sure enough I called to ask about the steep raise and got the usual "we had a rate increase" reply. But 17% ?? I mean.. what kind of a parallel universe do they live in ? After 30 mins of trying to figure things out, the cust rep had enough, decided to put me on hold, came back, and given me a 12 month credit that would offset the rate increase completely. Essentially, I was back to paying my old rate. Well..keep reading.

Enter my next month's bill, and voila, the price increase was back. Called again - this time the call was a little heated - but the rep again did what the last rep had done - and gave me the same 12 credit . Problem solved.........NOT!

Now it is month 3 or 4. I see the credit applied, but not without ANOTHER PRICE INCREASE of the same amount as the credit! Furious, I called and a soft spoken gentleman was on the other side. I gave him the story so far - which now took 10 mins - and he took another 10 mins to "take a look at whats going on", came back and starts to rudely question the previous credits saying "they should have been applied in the first place" and that I have been getting discounts I should not be getting. When I asked about this successive rate increase within just a few months of each other, he replied "we have the contractual right to increase rates anytime we want".

I realized it was a waste of my time and decided to end the call - but not before calling them out for raising my rate a second time as a disgusting way of invalidating the credit, hoping I wouldnt notice. After speaking to others in my community and searching these forums, I came to know this is BAU at verizon. There are others in my community who have been putting up with this nonsense because, unfortunately, Verizon is the only internet provider in our community (BTW, these providers go to great lengths to ensure they dont have much competition, which is why Comcast and other aren't laying cable in our community despide several attempts). We have now raised this issue at our HOA meetings and with the local county government, and are working actively to encourage additional providers to enter our community. We just handed over a petition signed by several homeowners in my community to the local Comcast office to prove there is demand for a second provider. I know Comcast has its own problems, but I dont think they are evil. Plus competition is always better.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon. Plain & Simple.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
abresset
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had a very similar issue to the one you are having. The interest rate has not increased, but my price of the bundle package has. When I called to set up my package the price for the triple play was 79.99. I only wanted the double play bundle because I do not need a land line so the man I spoke to said that the double play would cost 69.99. The first two bills I received only charged me the 69.99 for the bundle, but every bill since has tried to charge me 99.99. I have called every month (the past three months) to have this fixed and the first two months they were glad to adjust my bill and try and fix the issue. The women I spoke to today told me that I should not have been offered this deal and with my threatening to cancel the service she said they would adjust the bill and have it fixed so I do not have to call every month. Right now you are advertising the triple bundle play for 79.99 so why in the world would the double play package be more expensive. I don’t understand why I am having this issue but it’s ridiculous and I will only pay the rate I was originally promised which you can see in my first two payments. Even if that means calling every month to have it corrected! Also not sure if this has anything to do with my employer discount I get because it started happening when I got my discount, but I was assured that it wouldn’t happen. Just tired of being lied to by this company.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi abresset,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your billing. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

cmstarr
I have had nothing but problems with Verizon. First I got an extra Gig of data for my inconvenience. Next I got 1/2 my plan discounted for my unconvince. Now I have watched my bill go up by $12 last month and another $10 from that, this month. All the while I have never changed my plan or added any extras to my account. At this point its strike 10 for Verizon and its time to go phone shopping with a new company. I'm tired of being treated so rudely by Verizon call support staff.
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.
For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless Community at http://community.verizonwireless.com/

0 Likes