Verizon Reneged on Promise of New Advanced WiFi Router...Then this happened...LOL...OMG
Busboss

I am currently on hold with Verizon and have been for over an hour.  I am waiting for a supervisor.  I'm fairly certain they have all gone home for the day and nobody bothered to clear the lines.  Why am I waiting for a supervisor?  Funny you should ask...let me explain.

Last week my Verizon landline stopped functioning.  Yes, I realize I am among the minority of folks who still pay for this dinosaur service, but I have a child and I want to know that if there is an emergency he can dial 911 and get help quick. 

So I called Verizon and they sent a tech out on Sunday to repair the problem.  Turns out some wild animal had gnawed the lines causing the service disruption.  The tech fixed the problem in just a few short minutes.  Then he wanted to talk to me about "payment options".  Options?  Since I don't pay for inside wire maintenance (yes, the wires were outside) he told me I had 3 options: 1) Pay $139 now 2) Pay $38 now and pay for inside wire maint. for one year and 3) upgrade my internet speed to 50/50 for $12 or so a month and keep it for at least 3 months.  I thought that last one was a pretty strange payment option, but it was the cheapest and one that might get me a benefit so I took it.

Checked My Verizon online the next day, saw the order and clicked the link to show "What's inlcuded with this order?" Lo and behold it showed that I was going to get a brand new "Advanced WiFi Router"!  Yay!!  I called to find out if I had to pick it up or if it would be shipped and I was told it was being shipped and it should arrive in a few days!  Yay again!! 

I got home from work that evening and had a message on the phone from Verizon stating that it looked like I wasn't going to get a new router after all.  Seems like the one I have is the only one I'm going to get!  Boo...

I called this afternoon to find out what happened and was told "Well, if someone left you a message that you are not going to get a new router, then I guess the only way for you to get a new one is to purchase it."  That's when I asked to speak with a supervisor and here I sit.

I have now hung up the phone and called back.  The lady that answered listened to my issue and told me she would send me a new advanced wifi router at no charge.

0 Likes