Verizon rep promised and failed to waive my one-time activation fee
Dan32592

I am a new Verizon Fios internet customer and can say upon receiveing my very first bill am a very dissapointed one. I was debating between purchasing Verizon or Optimum. When I saw a promotion on the Fios site that the initial $99 one time activation fee would be waived I decided to sign-up for Fios. The online activation was having issues processing my order so I called in.

I was greeted by a Verizon rep who was very friendly and quickly set me up. She informed me that I would initally be charged the $99 activation fee, but would have a credit for that amount on my bill. I now realize I was lied to for the sake of making a sale. I received my first bill with no credit! When I called in to confirm, a second rep told me there was no record on my account of a waived charged. I am glad I am not tied into a contract as I will be cancelling and switching to Optimum out of principal. I do not like dealing with deceptive companies. I work in social media marketing and will be sure to let my following know of this horrible, deceptive customer service!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon rep promised and failed to waive my one-time activation fee
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dan32592,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes