Verizon router randomly blocking devices in my network?
Dankness

About a week ago my router just started randomly blocking devices on the network and I have to go in and unblock them over and over again. Does anyone know why this happens or have a fix for it?image

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon router randomly blocking devices in my network?
OrdinaryCustome
Enthusiast - Level 1

to unblock devices, you have to go to the fios gateway by entering 192.168.1.1 in your browser (i'm assuming you have already done this to find out your device was blocked in the first place). Then go to the "My Network" section from the TOP MENU it should be between Wireless Settings and Firewall options. from there you should see a drop-down arrow to the right of each device, and one of the options should be to Unblock a device that has been blocked or block a device that is not blocked. if you dont see your device there click "show more" and scroll down.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

Your photo is not showing yet, but I would try doing a reset of the router first.

when at factory settings this may clear it up. However it also could be a bad router and in this case call Verizon up and have them swap it out.

when you say losing connection are you referring to WiFi assignments for devices looking for an ip assignment?

it is possible you need to access the routers interface and make sure the network devices have not been manually set to “block” then you would then need to unblock the devices as you stated you have done and save the settings.

you could try dedicating the IP address to each device to keep using the same address and that may fix the issue. 

Other than that you could have sleep mode on your devices (time out) set to low, and the router could be set to sleep mode as well.

but try the reset of the router first.

ZigLiya

Hi. This just happened to me this week. Our NAS acquired a Blocked state. I was able to unblock it, but it sounds from your post like this may well happen again. Did you find the problem? 

0 Likes
Jerry8426

How were you able to unblock it?

0 Likes
OrdinaryCustome
Enthusiast - Level 1

to unblock devices, you have to go to the fios gateway by entering 192.168.1.1 in your browser (i'm assuming you have already done this to find out your device was blocked in the first place). Then go to the "My Network" section from the TOP MENU it should be between Wireless Settings and Firewall options. from there you should see a drop-down arrow to the right of each device, and one of the options should be to Unblock a device that has been blocked or block a device that is not blocked. if you dont see your device there click "show more" and scroll down.

Norad221
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much this helped me with my NAS not connecting issue.

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes