Verizon router switches between 1 and 2 wireless connections
Joan14

I'm having a fairly odd issue with my Verizon wi-fi, that I couldn't find any guidance for by searching.

Ordinarily, I have a main wireless connection, with the orthodox "FIOS-[letters]", and a network available from an extender I have, named "FIOS-[letters]-2G-EXT."Strangely, the ordinary reaches most places in the house (at least in the places I use the computer), and is reliable and consistent. Periodically, though, my router will disconnect the plain connection and replace with "FIOS-[letter]-5G", presumably in 5ghz. This leaves with the 5G and the extended 2G; the plain connection is unavailable. My laptop can't use this connection, and the extended connection is spotty and unreliable. I don't have any control over these changes; does have anyone have any idea what's causing them? 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon router switches between 1 and 2 wireless connections
jonjones1
Legend

You can go into the settings on the laptop and just do a “forget this network” may say different words. You then force the device to use the 2.4 Ghz band and do automatically connect to this network.

the other thing you can do is turn off the extender, or you can turn the 5 Ghz band through the router or the extender or both.

0 Likes