Verizon Salespeople are LIARS
RMcCumber

In September of 2013, I was contacted numerous times by Verizon salespeople.  FIOS was new to the area and they were trying to entice new customers.  I knew there was a possibility of a move in my future, so I specifically asked the salesman that I spoke with if there were early termination fees.  He told me that if I moved to an area that had FIOS service and I chose not to continue with that service, that yes, there would be an early termination fee.  However, if I moved to an area that did not have FIOS service, there would be no early termination fee. I am moving to an area that does not currently have FIOS service.  I called today, May 3, to notify Verizon of an upcoming move and was told I have an early termination fee.  I explained the situation and was basically told "too bad".  I really don't appreciate the fact that the salesman "LIED" to me.  I also asked to speak to a supervisor and, of course, there was no one any higher to speak with.  She was as high up as they come.  If a customer has a legitimate complaint and is not getting anywhere with the representative they are speaking with, there should be a supervisor available to listen to the complaint.  I would never do business with Verizon again and as soon as my cell phone contract is up, I will definitely be switching carriers.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Salespeople are LIARS
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The door to door sales people do not work for Verizon. They work for a marketing company and get paid on commission for sales so of course they will tell you whatever you want to hear to make a sale. Always read your contract, Never take someones word for it.

0 Likes