Verizon UNABLE to cancel my service since 2 MONTHS!
Sandro3

I have been using Verizon Fios (Internet, TV, Landphone) for a year and had to cancel the service due to relocation to a building that is not compatible with Verizon Fios. Therefore, I had cancelled my service per July 9th. HOWEVER, I keep getting notifications that there are bills outstanding (from months of July tand August) that I do not have to pay. I have a confirmation email and everything from Verizon and called already 4 TIMES and was promised that this will be fixed, unsuccessfully. Also, I was asking every single time for a box to return their HD box etc.

I fear that my credit score etc. will be suffering due to their fault and believe they should be held liable.

Thank you,

Sandro

0 Likes
Re: Verizon UNABLE to cancel my service since 2 MONTHS!
jonjones1
Legend

I don't know what state you live in but you can contact your states public service commission or public utilities commission and have them intercede.

you can also file a complaint at http://www.fcc.gov and file an online complaint.

yes you can also do what you posted as a remedy. 

As far as the set top boxes etc. you may have a physical fios store in your locale that often times is also a Verizon wireless store (corporate) you can return there and get a receipt for the return.

another thing you can do is send a letter of dispute with copies of your account closure as well as any letters or emails from Verizon to your billing address that you send your payment to. Under the Fair Debt Collections Act it must be certified return receipt requested. This should stop the credit reporting as in arrears.

do this now. Don't wait.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Oh I forgot. If you are in a year one of a two year contract you may be getting invoiced for an early termination fee.

check your invoice.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sandro,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes