very poor customer service on new account
dleefsu

This may seem like an angry rant but it's really not.  It seems all large companies, not just Verizon and telecom companies but most leaning more toward ALL, have forgotten that they are 'service providers'.  Instead they do everything they can to avoid providing customer service and support.  I recently signed up for a new account as I want a separate account at another home of mine and these days I refuse to openly give out my social due to all of the system comprises in recent years.  I was impressed Verizon had other options but go figure, that verification failed, finally broke down and called and spent about 30 minutes on the phone getting 'verified'.  Next the agent wanted to transfer me back to 'sales' (mind you, I did everything online) but now I was going to have to deal with more 'sales', more waiting on hold...  After a few minutes on hold I hung up, I just don't have time for all of this.  

What I really question is how and why a technology company cannot do business via email.  I run my business via email and very efficiently.  My guess is they simply don't want to put that much in writing.  Anyways though, here I am, still waiting on service probably 3 weeks later, tried online chat and at least very quickly the agent said he couldn't help me so here I am.  I've already filed a complaint with the FCC as I just don't think consumers should be subjected to the hoops, 'service providers' should be jumping through the hoops.  Ultimately the problem is there's not enough competition, it was Verizon and Brighthouse and Brighthouse didn't even care they were more expensive.  I figured they would at least match pricing but instead just stopped communicating.  At very least though Brighthouse would communicate via email though.  Perhaps I should reconsider Brighthouse even at a higher price.

If a Verizon rep sees this, the tracking number for the order is {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: very poor customer service on new account
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes