very, very poor customer service
dt67845

I've been using Comcast. Both their customer support and billing systems & people as lousy so I decided to try FIOS. Two weeks ago, a guy came out to install and there was a problem with the conduit from my house to the box. That's no biggie and he said he'd set a service call with the ground people to rewire.

A  couple of days after, someone called to set up an appointment to reinstall, and I told the person to call back when the ground wiring was fixed because I didn't need to waste yet another day waiting around if the thing wasn't fixed.

It's now been two weeks. The flags marking other cabling/pipes are gone, so I called to see what's happening. I got forwarded to three different numbers and sat on hold for more than 30 minutes at the last place. I hung up.

If your service is just as bad, there's no need to switch. You really need to work on that.

0 Likes
Re: very, very poor customer service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you tried reaching them through the livechat or by calling back?

http://www.verizon.com/contactus
Choose “Live Chat.”
If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

0 Likes
FloridaJo1

I had the same basic thing,  They buried my line just two inches below the ground.  At one point they just barely went over the root of a tree and it started to be exposed.  I called, they sent out someone who basically pushed some of my mulch over the exposed spot and left in a hurry.  I eventually got out there myself and cut the root and buried the line deeper.  

Later you will find you have slow speeds too.  Small print says 'up to', but rarley does it go 'up to' the speeds they promise.

I'm just waiting for Googles 100 times speed fiber and hopefully I can jump over to them, because sometimes FIOS doesn't seem any faster than dial-up.  Getting customer service is a maze.  Not 'amazing', a maze.

Good luck.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@FloridaJo wrote:

I had the same basic thing,  They buried my line just two inches below the ground.  At one point they just barely went over the root of a tree and it started to be exposed.  I called, they sent out someone who basically pushed some of my mulch over the exposed spot and left in a hurry.  I eventually got out there myself and cut the root and buried the line deeper.  

Later you will find you have slow speeds too.  Small print says 'up to', but rarley does it go 'up to' the speeds they promise.

I'm just waiting for Googles 100 times speed fiber and hopefully I can jump over to them, because sometimes FIOS doesn't seem any faster than dial-up.  Getting customer service is a maze.  Not 'amazing', a maze.

Good luck.

When you buried the line, you made sure you did not bend it or puncture the jacket on the fiber cable, right? You cannot bend Fiber as far as copper can and if bent, can really reduce the signal coming into your ONT. It *may* be why your FiOS service isn't working right some days. Just something to consider. Also, see if neighbors (ideally those with quick computers. I've seen too many old Pentium 4 machines with 256MB of RAM out there on FIOS grinding to a halt) have the same problem.

I'd report Service Trouble if the above holds true and get Verizon out to do a re-bury. Make sure they are also complying with the minimum required depth for your municipality first. If you live in a freeze area, it never hurts to bury a cable a few inches down. In my area they do it 1 spade deep as a minimum. The cables that are buried just below the surface are usually killed by landscapers or get waterlogged/frozen, which ruins them. The ones deeper can still get waterlogged but the ice won't bother them, which helps it last longer. In Florida (if your name suggests anything) they may be concerned about water from digging down too deep. My understanding is the land in Florida has a high water table.