VISA Card Ernrollment E-mail - Fake Promotion Links - Forcing Debit Card Autopay
harryotto

I did the 300mb FIOS with auto pay, Bill shows $10 more per month because I don't (didn’t) provide ATM, Debit or Bank Routing numbers to "non financial" institutions. Also, debit cards are a "key to someone's bank account" when systems are hacked.

If the $10 surcharge remains I go back to Optimum. Why work hard on credit scores and in obtaining premium credit cards only to be penalized and surcharged for using them with a phone company?

Either Verizon pays the basic 3% credit card processing fee, about $1.80 of $59.99 or I pay $10 penalty for using my Citibank Double Cash Credit Card? No one sees the issue with this?

Also, I was just sent a link to redeem the $50 Visa card. Link within email goes nowhere. LOL…

Anyway - why am I doing this? Just send the card to the address. Or just credit the account with the $50? Why make me jump through a hoop to get the $50?

The internet connection cuts out during NetFlix and with the overcharging and fake Visa card promotion I wonder if it's worth the time to sit on the phone with tech support.

Please give me an answer other than "we're private messaging you". Explain these issues in the open forum thanks!  🙂

0 Likes
Re: VISA Card Ernrollment E-mail - Fake Promotion Links - Forcing Debit Card Autopay
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, or call 1-800-VERIZON during normal business hours for billing issues.

0 Likes
Re: VISA Card Ernrollment E-mail - Fake Promotion Links - Forcing Debit Card Autopay
harryotto

This post was definitely intended to help other Verizon users. I read something about the fake visa card issue a while back but never took it seriously. Now that I fell victim to it, I understand why people went out of their way to post it in the forum. I just think people should be aware before they order the service what they’re getting into. Thank you so much for your quick reply. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Please see this announcement concerning the Fios Welcome Bonus link:

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Community-Announcements/Fios-Welcome-Bonus-Link/m-p/867572#M57

0 Likes