Re: Voice in background of computer virus
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@carlossquare wrote:

- Does the talking seem to be conversational (as if the person is on the phone)?  No; it seems to be pre-recorded non stop dialogue; except it will stop for a couple of minutes completely, then return

- Do you live in an apartment complex or a high rise building?  No, single family home

- Did you have (or was there) DSL service in your home prior to you getting FiOS?  No

- Do you have the FiOS phone service as well?  Yes, but I really don't think that's the issue.   The voice kicks in almost immediately after starting before the bios is completed.  

Thank you.

Really does sound like Narrator.  Probably using Microsoft Anna for the voice setting.  Few other things would start that early

Re: Voice in background of computer virus
mhiggins8450
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would run with this...based on what you are stating, this does not seem like a viral issue. I found this on a technet forum page...

Do this: Go to Control Panel -> Ease of Access -> Ease of Access Center -> Explore all Settings -> Use the computer without a display. Uncheck the checkbox by Turn on Narrator and click Save.