Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

VOIP Phone no longer works?

mikestrock
Contributor
Contributor

VOIP Phone no longer works?

Message 1 of 3
(5,588 Views)

I have a VOIP phone that I use with my FIOS connection and it connects directly to my VOIP server that sits in my remote office.  Until last Friday, it was working perfectly.

On Friday, my FIOS service got turned off, but then turned back on a couple hours later.  Since then, the phone won't connect to my remote office.

Nothing changed on the remote office side, I'm positive of that fact.  I have other remote employees who connect without difficulty.

I tried calling VZ Tech support, but didn't get anywhere.

I didn't have to change anything initially after I had my FIOS install for this to work, so I'm confused as to why it isn't working now.

Suggestions?

Mike.

2 REPLIES 2
FiOSTechAL
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: VOIP Phone no longer works?

Message 2 of 3
(5,570 Views)
Need you to elaborate - you stated yr svc got turned off - what was the reason for loss of svc? do you currently have a dial tone? if so, can you receive calls or make calls to other destinations? need clarity on the configuration, i.e., Actiontec router and your VOIP router/server is there port forwarding - who set it up? I would have to look at the account to see if we cut you over to SIP - send me a pm - thanx and take care
Message Edited by FiOSTechAL on 08-18-2009 09:45 AM
Message Edited by FiOSTechAL on 08-18-2009 09:46 AM
ALLEN S.
NETWORK TECH
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center
spacedebris
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: VOIP Phone no longer works?

Message 3 of 3
(5,549 Views)

you do have working internet right? I mean you can get online with a computer?   Same Verizon equipment?

If yes to all questions, then the only thing that should have possibly changed is your IP address and that shouldnt matter to your VOIP. Is the VOIP connected using a VPN or something? Or is it something that you can make calls to other locations as well?

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title