VPN over FIOS stopped working
jjmbxkb

Running AnyConnect Cisco VPN on my employer-issued laptop. Has always been working fine, until several days ago.

Once I click Connect, it shows "Contacting (the connection)", and then after a few seconds, it goes straight to this error: "IPSec is VPN connection is terminated due to authentication failure or timeout." It never even prompts me for logon credentials.

I also have another computer issued by my client , which also runs Cisco VPN client. It failed at the same time.

Right now, I am using MIFI card (Verizon Jetpack), and VPN works fine on both computers.

My company's helpdesk worked with me to try a few things, to avail. I've also rebooted the router. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

0 Likes
Re: VPN over FIOS stopped working
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was your help desk able to verify if you can route to or even ping the VPN concentrator on their end? Would the firewall on your router be enabled at all? 

0 Likes
jjmbxkb

Thanks for the reply. They did not ask me to run that test.

After not trying the connection over the weekend and Monday, I tried again Tuesday night on my company's computer. The problem seems to have gone away. Haven't tested the other computer, but sure hope whatever caused it is there no more.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Fair enough. You're welcome!

0 Likes