VZ In-Home Agent says I'm not connected to internet, but I am
GDawgs

I tried to setup Outlook 2007 to use my verizon.net email.  Anyway I couldn't get it to work manually.  So I downloaded VZ - In-Home Agent.  Everytime I use it, it checks everything (network, wireless, router), when it gets to the point where it tries to have the router connect to the internet, the Agent says it can not connect to the internet.  I am currently on the internet using that router.  I disabled all firewall, virus scans, etc and it keeps saying "You do not have an internet connection." 

I select fix it and the agent runs

"Fix my Fios Internet Connection"

It passes Browser health Check, wireless adapter, wired adapter, Checking Lan Connectivity,

Checking for internet connection of Fios Router. That fails and it tells me to reboot my OMT or something, it's the big FIOS box on my wall in the basement.  I reboot it and follow the instructions.  I then get this error:

A connection could not be established between your computer and the FIOS Router.  You can also try the following:

1.Reboot your computer. (Did).

2.Check if you are able to connect to the internet using any other computers.  (I can and I can with this one too)

Can someone help me? 

0 Likes
Re: VZ In-Home Agent says I'm not connected to internet, but I am
VZ_Kevin
Contributor - Level 2

Sounds like In Home Agent is bugging out.. I would ignore it and continue manually setting up + troubleshooting your Outlook 2007 account.

As you said, you're setting up your verizon.net email so the settings should be as follows:

incoming server: incoming.verizon.net (incoming.yahoo.verizon.net if you have the Yahoo portal partner)

outgoing server: outgoing.verizon.net (outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net if you're Yahoo)

Outgoing server requires authentication

Username/pass for your Verizon account

Ports are default (110 + 25) ..

Is this how your account is set up in Outlook? What errors are you receiving when you try to send/receive?

0 Likes