VZ won't start service for 7 days on a self install
Ribeye1
Enthusiast - Level 2
Hoping someone can offer advice. I scheduled a self installation for a move online. I had fios st my old address, the new house is also wired for fios. VZ is telling me they can't start service at the new address until a tech visits the house.

I don't need a tech, I moved all of the equipment with me. I'm comfortable hooking it up myself. I only need VZ to flip the switch to provision service.

I've spoken with several customer service reps and managers and they tell me they can't do any thing for me without a technician on-site. The next available appointment is 9 days from now.

Cell service is not fantastic inside the house and I'm not comfortable leaving my wife and infant alone without a telephone. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VZ won't start service for 7 days on a self install
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: VZ won't start service for 7 days on a self install
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes