MrEdd00

I need help setting up a wireless access point to my verizon router. The ZYXEL (WAP3205) that I have wont connect. There is no sync button on the verizon router to push to link them any ideas will help????

0 Likes
Re: WAP
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

For best performance from your access point, you will want to give the access point a wired connection back to the FiOS router. Otherwise, you will be bottlenecked and subjected to the quality of the wireless signal from the FiOS router.

As for setting up the ZyXEL device as a repeater, look at the user guide for the device on how to set it up manually. WPS or Wireless Protected Setup isn't supported even on the FiOS routers with the button.

0 Likes
MrEdd00

one more part.... I'm setting the access point for a second desk top comp. so I need to reset the IP address on the comp that the verizon router is hooked up to,correct? the wifi signel is week by time it gets to the other end of the house

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MrEdd00 wrote:

one more part.... I'm setting the access point for a second desk top comp. so I need to reset the IP address on the comp that the verizon router is hooked up to,correct? the wifi signel is week by time it gets to the other end of the house

If the computer is set using an automatic (or DHCP) configuration, you don't need to do anything. At most, maybe you'll want to do a DHCP Release and Renew, or just simply reboot. If the computer is staying on the same network (as in, you're not introducing another router which in essense, makes another network if it's not set up to otherwise act as a "bridge") and it is moving to your access point instead, it will maintain the same IP and roam over nearly seemlessly, assuming all goes well.

0 Likes