watching tv on my computer
maplesugar

Can I watch TV on my computer with Fios internet? Is it free and how do I do that?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: watching tv on my computer
SteveOfHouse
Enthusiast - Level 1

The short answer is no.  And it infuriatesme that Verizon NEVER gives you a straight answer.   You cannot watch TV on your computer exactly how you would if you were using your set top box on your TV.   You can set things to record from your computer, you can watch some On Demand stuff.  But you cannot watch Live TV.  Plain and simple.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have not subscribed to FiOS TV service, you can only watch what is available on particular websites.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

And further, even if you do subscribe, you will have problems viewing on your computer.  Many of the content provider sites e.g, HBO will allow you to have access if you subscribe to them via Verizon, but not all even have a viewing site or allow "Verizon Subscriber" access.

For users with Verizon Quantum service an app exists for android and Apple IOS that allows access to your content, but this app is not available for PC's.

SteveOfHouse
Enthusiast - Level 1

The short answer is no.  And it infuriatesme that Verizon NEVER gives you a straight answer.   You cannot watch TV on your computer exactly how you would if you were using your set top box on your TV.   You can set things to record from your computer, you can watch some On Demand stuff.  But you cannot watch Live TV.  Plain and simple.  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes