WCB6200Q Extender
MrOctober771
Enthusiast - Level 3

I currently have TV, phone  and internet service. The router, G1100 is the basement and I have the WCB6200Q on the third floor.  When I had Fios installed, the installer wouldn't go to the attic to run ethernet to the third floor, so they had to use the existing coax for the connection.

I am changing plans and dropping the TV service. They are sending a new router, do not know which they are sending. If I get the new 3100, will the 6200Q work with the new router for the internet?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WCB6200Q Extender
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

New router could either be the CR1000A or the G3100. Neither of them would work with WCB6200Q over MoCA. However, G1100 can be configured to work like a second access point over MoCA. You can follow the guide to the right of the Forums home page.

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

If FiOS TV is being dropped, you'll be able to use any router, or an ethernet to MoCA converter.

If Verizon ships a G3100, and you opt to keep & use it, consider replacing the old extender with an E3200. 🙂

MrOctober771
Enthusiast - Level 3

So it should work then?

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some features won't work as expected (SON for example). Also Internet speed using coaxial cable will be slower the old extender.

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

New router could either be the CR1000A or the G3100. Neither of them would work with WCB6200Q over MoCA. However, G1100 can be configured to work like a second access point over MoCA. You can follow the guide to the right of the Forums home page.