weird secondary/alternate email address
admkshr
Enthusiast - Level 2
I just got FIOS Internet a few weeks ago. I notice in my email settings that there is an alternate email address that I never created and I don't know how to delete. Is this something that occurs when Verizon creates your account, like a temporary name? When I go to the sub accounts section it only says I can add 9 sub accounts and there is no option to delete anything.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: weird secondary/alternate email address
jawilliams34661
Enthusiast - Level 1
if it starts with vze or res it is verizons unique id for your account..it is what is primarly used to identify accts prior to haveing your actual email setup..since it is a uniqe identifier and it is possible to send a message to that id and can be used to login as well

View solution in original post

agent
Enthusiast - Level 2

there is a way to delete that on the verizon central page, at the bottom of the page of the "My Account" section, PM me and i'll help you out 😉

0 Likes
jawilliams34661
Enthusiast - Level 1
if it starts with vze or res it is verizons unique id for your account..it is what is primarly used to identify accts prior to haveing your actual email setup..since it is a uniqe identifier and it is possible to send a message to that id and can be used to login as well
admkshr
Enthusiast - Level 2
Hi, thanks for the quick responses and the info. Yes it did start with vze or res, so as long as it is something legitimate by Verizon I guess I won't worry about it.
0 Likes