Westell 9100: Can't connect on WiFi, occassional no web access
Am3692
I recently replaced my old Westelll router for a new one due to frequent DNS errors (unable to access any websites, but can still connect to various chat and game servers). I was able to connect to the internet with an ethernet cable, however I can't get any of my computers to connect to the network wirelessly. All computers can see the network (with excellent connectivity), but none can connect. I managed to get one computer to connect by manually assigning an IP, but I still get no internet access. As for other computers, the connection drops while attempting to initially connect. Is this a hardware issue? My previous router had no problems with connecting wirelessly.
0 Likes
Re: Westell 9100: Can't connect on WiFi, occassional no web access
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

When connecting the new router. did you put in the new wep key into each of the wireless computers?

If so, did you get the wep key from the sticker on the side of the router or did you log into the router to get it.

If from the sticker, try logging into the router as there has been a rash of routers that had the wrong number printed on the sticker so I would verify it from the router login page.

0 Likes
Am3692
I used the WEP from the router.
0 Likes
Am3692
Update: I called Verizon support, and unfortunately I didn't get much help. Now, my Internet disconnections are frequent (hourly), but strangely, I can reconnect by resetting the router (still is annoying). Tech support claimed I have software issues, but my house has four comoputer (one new one I got two days ago), none which can connect through wifi, and all of them get disconnected at the same time. I doubt four computers would have the same problem because of software.
0 Likes