What is the big white button on my new router
johnsoned
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a newly installed MI424-WR Rev. E router and even though I was able to set it up and get it working on my own, I am courious about this large white button (which is apparently a switch since it clicks when pushed)  which is labeled "Setup Wi-Fi protected". It glows orange when the unit is powered up but turns off after a few seconds.  the user manual does not even show it on the drawing. I would like to know what it does and what position it shoud be in during normal operation.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is the big white button on my new router
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

ITs not enabled by Verizon at least at this time.  Its there because Actiontec makes routers for other companies and individuals as well.  For such it may be enabled

View solution in original post

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

ITs not enabled by Verizon at least at this time.  Its there because Actiontec makes routers for other companies and individuals as well.  For such it may be enabled

VUser50
Contributor - Level 2

Not enabled but would allow for WPS WiFi Setup, which would allow you to connect devices to WiFi by just pushing that button and then something on the device you want to connect w/o needing a password. 

Unsure why not enabled. Maybe security concerns. 

0 Likes