What is the current draw for the GPON ONT?
pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

I want to plug the ONT into a UPS. I need to add up the wattage of the devices that I want to plug into the UPS so that I can decide what wattage UPS to get. I have the black ONT. The voltage is 120. Do you happen to know the current or the wattage?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is the current draw for the GPON ONT?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Alcatel-Lucent/Nokia 211 is colored black and the size of a large paperback book. It is used by Verizon when a customer subscribes to Internet speeds over 100M. The newest ONT being installed in NYC for customers who order Internet service higher than 1G looks identical to the 211 (minus the F connector for cable TV service).

If possible, can a picture of the actual ONT be posted? (Note that submitted pictures are queued for Moderator approval before that appear). šŸ™‚

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Alcatel-Lucent (Nokia) 211 has a minimum consumption of 7W and a maximum of 10.5W based upon what I can find online.  šŸ¤”

0 Likes
pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you for the quick reply. Where on the ONT would I find the model number or whatever it's called?

I have a 1350 VA UPS. I want to plug in my computer, monitor, ONT & router. Websites tell me that I need to add up the wattages of all of the devices that I want to plug in & choose a UPS that has more than the total wattage.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Alcatel-Lucent/Nokia 211 is colored black and the size of a large paperback book. It is used by Verizon when a customer subscribes to Internet speeds over 100M. The newest ONT being installed in NYC for customers who order Internet service higher than 1G looks identical to the 211 (minus the F connector for cable TV service).

If possible, can a picture of the actual ONT be posted? (Note that submitted pictures are queued for Moderator approval before that appear). šŸ™‚

pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

I reckon that you have answered all of my questions. Thank you.

0 Likes